Here i am just going to give you the recipe for a great body building, fat loss, post workout meal. It's great for replenishing after a tough workout and will help you to recover quickly. You don't have to make it in the quantity i did, so you can tailor it to fit your own needs. I bought diced carrot and swede but you can do that your self
- 300g chcicken breast
- Half a cup of brown rice
- Handful of closed cup mushrooms
- 100g of diced carrot and swede
- Handful of spinach
- Dried basil
- sea salt
- Black pepper
- Chicken stock cube
- Olive oil
- Put half a cup of brown rice in a saucepan and add boiling water, cook for about 15 minutes or until cooked to preference.
- Add the diced carrot and swede to a saucepan and add boiling water. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until cooked to preference.
- Chop chicken breast into bits
- Put a non stick pan on to the hob and add a tea spoon of olive oil and heat up
- Once the oil is heated up and diced chicken breast
- When the chicken is nicely browned add the mushrooms to the pan
- In a seperate bowl or measuring jug add 100ml of boiling water and a chicken stock cube and stir. When completely mixed,add to the chicken and mushrooms.
- When the carrot and swede is cooked add to the chicken,mushroom pan.
- Add a pinch of sea salt, pinch of the dried basil and some black pepper to season.
- Let the ingredients simmer for 5 minutes
- Make sure the diced chicken is not pink in the middle, if it is white all the way through it is ready to serve.
- When the rice is cooked to preference, drain and dish up on a plate.
- I like my spinach un-cooked so i add it last to my plate but you can add it into the chicken pan.
- Split into portions or however you want and eat :)
I also like to add hot sauce to everything :P , so you can add a little afterwards if you wish.
Give it a go yourself and let me know what you think. If there is any way you think you can improve the dish also let me know.
Don't forget to like and shake, the more likes and shares i get the more i can keep blogging and keep giving you guys free information.