Need some motivation?
We have all been in the same boat with this before, poor sleep, bad diets can lead to becoming very de-motivated when it comes to going to the gym and acheiving our fitness goals. Simply the lifestyle we all lead can be very draining on us physically and mentally.
Does this sound familiar?
Here's a typical run through of a typical day i know most people will go through. Wake up early feeling tired and groggy to go to work, miss breakfast, get to work, become de-hydrated as you don't drink enough water, make poor nutrition choices throughout the day, become stressed about your work load,plan on going to the gym after work, finish work go home to get changed, sit down for 5 minutes, you become to lethargic and want to just sit and watch tv, put off the gym till tommorow as you don't feel like you have the energy to go today. Rinse and repeat.
Heres how you can improve your motivation and get the results you want.
- Drinking green tea can give you an energy boost before the gym, with it containing around 25mg of caffeine per cup depending on brands. Not only are you keeping your self hydrated, you are getting important anti-oxidants into your body which get rid of free radicals which can be harmful to your body. Also studies show green tea is beneficial for fat loss.
- Having a gym buddy is also very beneficial as they can motivate you to go to the gym when you don't feel like it. By making a commitment to meet at the gym or go for a run, you are making it harder for yourself to back out. Gym partners are also great for pushing you in the gym, when you think you can't get that last rep, they can give you the inspiration to squeeze it out. The next best thing are these Gym Boss timers, they beep, vibrate and will help you to stick to your desired rest periods, helping you get the best from your workout.
- Set your self some goals to achieve. By having a long term goal, you have something to aim for, keeping you focussed. Break that long term goal down into medium and short term goals as this will give you mini victories, which you can complete, which will make you more inspired to keep motivated to go to the gym to hit that long term goal.
- Make your training fun. If you enjoy your training, you are more likely to keep doing it. If you hate it, you are more likely to not do it and put it off. Find what you enjoy to do and go from there.
- If you train after work, don't go home to get changed, go straight to the gym, as when you get home you might be tempted to have a sit down for 5 minutes, which can turn to 30 minutes and then ….. you sack off your work out. Heading straight to the gym will negate this.
- Get a fitness plan and stick to it. Stop changing your workouts every session and commit to a plan.
- Lastly hire a Personal Trainer, they can give you the motivation you need, set you up with a plan that will get you to your goal, and teach you correct techniques on how to do exercises. Also by hiring a Personal Trainer you will have spent your hard earned money on buying sessions with them, so if you miss a session you are wasting your money down the drain.
To stay motivated to achieve your goals, you have to have a plan in place, a routine that will help you be ready to smash your workouts. You need to get enough sleep, eat the right foods, drink plenty of water, set a time to workout and stick to it, make a commitment to yourself, be accountable to someone else, set youself goals to achieve and get a fitness programme that works, and stick to it .All these things will help you to stay motivated.
How do you stay motivated to achieve your own goals? Please leave a comment about how you stay motivated in the comment box.
For more inspiration sign up to my free newsletter. By signing up for my newsletter you will automatically be added to my mailing list to receive my free fat burning workout coming soon!
Need more motivational reading? ------->click here <-------
Resources - www.esupplements.com